If you’ve stumbled upon my blog, it’s obvious that we are both on the same page. Literally and metaphorically 😉 Chances are, just like me, you have hair envy and look at other girls’ hair, wondering how you can achieve the same shiny, glossy, smooth, healthy, vibrant hair. In this article, I’ll cut straight to the chase and tell you why I’ve started using satin pillowcase for hair benefits and why I swear by it to anyone who will listen.
How I Found Out About Satin Pillowcases For Hair
There’s always a moment in time where you look back and think, “Yeah, that was the defining moment!” For me, it was a conversation with my cousin. My cousin has always had the same long, frizzy hair as me (it runs in the family!) and growing up together, we always complained about our hair and wondered what we could do to improve it. We were always on the lookout for hair products, more and more hair products. We were always recommending hair care products to each other, in the hope that we would solve our hair problem.
My cousin told me one day that she read an article which prompted her to try out this shiny, glossy new thing for her hair. I expected it to be a hair spray, or some hair device. But no, I was surprised when she showed me her special item – a satin pillowcase! I was extremely skeptical. I remember saying to her – “What? You get nice hair from sleeping on it?”
Benefits For Your Hair
- Satin pillowcases not only give you softer, smoother skin, they also help with your hair. It’s basically in the material – satin, unlike cotton, doesn’t absorb or steal the moisture from your hair. Instead of frizzed out, dull, tangled, dry hair in the mornings, you will have significantly smoother, shinier hair.
2. With these pillowcases, you also get lesser hair breakage. Satin is a lot smoother than cotton, which means less friction. I don’t know about you but I do toss and turn a lot through the night and that means a lot of friction and rubbing of my hair on my pillowcase.
3. Reduce hair loss. Also due to the lesser friction, your hair tends to have lesser breakage. You will be able to see the difference on your pillow when you wake up in the mornings. I used to wake up with multiple strands of my icky long hair on the pillow but that has significantly reduced now. I rarely wake up with broken off long hair. On the rare occasion that I do, it’s just one or two strands.
4. If you’re one of those ladies who love going to the hair salon for a nice, pampering hair session, you’d want your hair style or blowout to last for your money’s worth right? Satin pillowcases allow your hair to rest smoothly, comfortably and slip without being as tangled up. This will help your carefully created hair style to last a lot longer. From experience, sleeping on a satin pillowcase helps my hairstyle or hair blow out to last about 4 days on average, compared to just 2 days.
Should you consider using a satin pillowcase?
In a nutshell, you should if you:
- Have frizzy, curly, damaged hair that is very difficult to manage.
- Have weak hair that is fragile and easily damaged or broken.
- Have hair that is stressed out and damaged by too much hair styling, bleaching etc.
- Have hair that is dry and need something that won’t absorb moisture from your already dry hair.
If you are looking for a solution that is simple, fuss free, and even healthy, you should consider using it for your hair. I know that I have never looked back since! Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.